Running. The most natural thing on earth and yet so many of us are not used to it. Even worse, so many of us run wrong? Some years ago I thought that’s not possible. Just hit the road and run. Wear some good shoes and you’ll be fine.
But guess what? I was wrong.
When I learned about meditation I found out that I was even breathing wrong. Hello? Breathing… What can you do wrong with breathing. Well, I was only breathing in my chest and not in my belly. That way I was losing lots of my potential. It took me a while to train myself to breath properly which in the end, helped me with running as well.
I found out that over years I trained myself to breath only in my chest. Same happened with running. For some reason I thought it would be faster to run with big steps. Landing on my heal and rolling over my foot. After years, that started to ruin my knees and I stopped running all together.
So, before you start running (again) take some time to think about it (at least as long as you are not a 4 year old kid) and give your feet a pre running training.
Before you start:
– Take of shoes with heals
– Walk barefoot
– If that’s to cold buy minimal shoes
– Start walking with your minimal shoes
– Do exercise for you achilles and calves
– Do core training
When you start:
– Go barefoot or in a very thin sole
– Run just until it hurts
– When you never ran before, walk home when you feel pain
– If you are already a runner, change to your old shoes and finish your run in those
– Try to make the native running section longer and longer